Etched Monogram Mirror Coasters
Etched Monogram Mirror Coasters are inexpensive unique wedding favor ideas that you can make with just a Cricut machine, scalloped mirrors, and etching cream. Each of these homemade drink coasters from Consumer Crafts features an etched monogram or initial.
- 4″ scalloped-edged mirrors (Item 1633-62)
- Cricut vinyl (Item PV29-0458)
- Storybook cartridge (Item PV29-0589)
- Cricut machine (Item PV29-0001)
- Armor Etching cream (Item AR15-0151)
- Start off by selecting your initial from the Storybook Cricut cartridge, and cut them out using the vinyl. I used a 2-3/4" letter to fit nicely within the mirror’s area. Remember to use the “3=Speed/3=Pressure” formula for perfect cuts through the vinyl but not the backing material. I decided to make the most of my materials and use both the positive and the shapes- that way with every monogram cut I actually get two stencils to use.
- While the Cricut is cutting out that intricate shape for you, clean your mirrors with a bit of alcohol or window cleaner.
- When your Cricut is done, unload the mat and remove the vinyl from the mat. Carefully cut a square around the vinyl shape. Remove the “negative” space first (not the monogram, but the area around it. Place it on your mirror. You may need to position internal spaces, as well– like the part inside my “R.”
- Place the monogram sticker in the middle of a second mirror.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the package of the etching cream, and apply the cream to the exposed areas of mirror. (My bottle said to leave it for 10 minutes, so I used that time to cut another stencil and prep another set of mirrors!)
- Rinse off the cream according to the directions, and remove the vinyl. Dry with a soft cloth. Ta-Da! You’re done!
Read NextPersonalized Message Tea Bags