Silk Rose Wedding Favor
If you want to save some money on upcoming nuptials, consider creating a Silk Rose Wedding Favor from Carrol Mumford for each one of your guests. This project shows that DIY wedding ideas can be just as chic and sophisticated as their store-bought counterparts.
- 6 clusters of silk ribbon roses (1” heads) open color
- 2 pieces of sheer ribbon (1-1/2” wide X 36”inches long) complement flower colors
- Sheer ribbon (1-1/2” X 30”)
- Wooden dowel (12” with a point on one end)
- Acrylic paint
- Tacky glue
- Kitchen knife
Paint the dowel. Let dry.
Cut a slit at one end of the dowel.
Fold long pieces of ribbon at the center point. Make one twist. Now place a small amount of glue in the slit. Take each piece of ribbon and lay over slit. Hold in place a few minutes. Let dry.
Bring roses together at the stems. Bring one piece of the covered wire over to tie the rest in place. Apply a large amount of glue at the top of dowel and wrap the stem around the dowel. Now form a ball shape with the roses. Let dry.
Take the short piece of ribbon in the center and do one twist. Now place a small amount of glue on the twist. Place the twist part of the ribbon through the top of the rose ball. Let dry.
- Take your kitchen knife again and make a point at the other end of the dowel.
Read NextPersonalized Message Tea Bags