20 Homemade Wedding Favors
One of the easiest ways to personalize your wedding decorations is to make homemade wedding favors. The homemade wedding favors that you choose should reflect your personalities, background, or hobbies or provide a glimpse into who you are. To make fast work of the projects, enlist the help of your attendants (or a few crafty pals)— an informal get-together is a great way to introduce everyone in the wedding party and get some homemade wedding favors made in the process.
Homemade Wedding Favors Table of Contents
- Cookie Bag Favor: If your favor is a cookie, packaging will make it all the more appealing. Create a simple header in your wedding colors.
- Candy Box in Turquoise and Brown: This color scheme is all the rage, though you could make this easy candy box to match your chose colors.
- Wedding Favors in Silver: Paint a plain terra cotta pot in your desired color, add floral and ribbon embellishment, and fill with wrapped candies.
- Wedding Favor Box with die-cut embellishments: A few die-cut embellishments transform a plain favor box that can hold candies.
- Photo Fabric Button Magnets: The description for these magnets may say Mother's Day, but when you use a photo of the bride and groom, it's the perfect wedding favor.
- Mini Magnets: Use foam cutouts that represent your wedding's theme: flowers for a garden wedding, a crown for a fairytale theme, or a simple heart.
- Heart Tin Ornament: Lightweight heart ornaments look like metal due to the painted faux-finish. Add a tag or ribbon with your names and/or wedding dates to make it even more personal.
- Painted Swirls Ornament: Easy to personalize in your wedding colors, this ornament will be a keepsake reminder every year for your guests.
- Travel Candles: Learn to make small travel candles, which are great for favors, by watching this video. You can personalize the label to include the bride and groom's names, print the guest's name and table assignment on them, or use them as placecards.
- Easy Candle Slip Covers: Wrap inexpensive candles with the scrapbook papers you love and add embellishments to suit your style.
- Votive Party Favors: Decoupage punched paper embellishments on the outside of a votive candle holder.
- Altered Votive Candle Holder: Tissue paper, buttons, and ribbon embellish this easy votive candle holder.
- Water Soluble Decoration on Handmade Soap: Add your names, an image, or your thanks to water soluble paper to decorate a handmade bar of soap.
- Wedding Favor Soaps: Soap is a great idea for wedding favors and Soap Queen TV shows you how.
- Banana Soap Recipe: For a fun tropical or beach wedding, choose a fun beach-themed soap mold and make this freshly fragrant soap.
- Butterfly Soap: Use ceramic casting molds to cast a lovely design in soap for your guests.
- Wedding Bubbles: Why hand out plain bubble containers when you can quickly and easily add shimmering beads and braid?
- Textured Heart Picture Frame: You won't believe that those foam cutouts create the dimension on this picture frame.
- "Our Love Blooms" Seed Paper Favors: I love the ideas of giving seeds as wedding favors. In exchange for their presence on your wedding day, they'll have a lasting reminder of you andof your special day.
- Cute Seed Favors: And because I love this idea so much, I'm adding a second version of the seed favors.
Read NextMason Jar Cocktail Kit