Turquoise and Brown Wedding Decorations
By: Lisa Fulmer for C&T Publishing
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Turquoise and brown are a wonderful combination for an outdoor wedding reception. Find instructions for creating floral centerpieces, luminaries, place card holders and more in this DIY wedding project from Lisa Fulmer and C&T Publishing. All items are made with Ready-to-Go! Blank Board Products from C&T Publishing.
- Ready-To-Go! Medium or Large Blank Board Petal Potcraft paint and brush
- styrofoam ball – diameter should fit snugly in pot
- pearl-head straight pins
- silk or paper flowers
- spray mist paint if needed to customize color of flowers (such as Adirondack Color Wash)
- 12×12 sheet of die-cut paper
- 12×12 sheet of contrasting card stock
- Paint pot with 1-2 coats of craft paint on the outside; allow to dry.
- If you want to paint your flowers, lay them out in a single layer, face up, on a newspaper. Spray with mist paint and allow to dry. Paint tips with contrasting craft paint if desired.
- Place Styrofoam ball inside pot and attach flowers with straight pins.
- Position as desired on top of die-cut paper and card stock.
Placecard and Menu Holders
- Ready-To-Go! Blank Board Blocks (larger for menu; smaller for placecard)
- Exacto blade
- craft paint and brush
- Assorted adhesive embellishments
- S-shaped scroll paper clip
- Slice a slot on top of block with Exacto blade (match width of paper clip).
- Paint block with 1-2 coats of craft paint; allow to dry.
- Adhere desired embellishments.
- Insert half of paper clip into slot at top and twist 90 degrees to secure.
- Ready-To-Go! Mini Blank Board Shadowbox
- craft paint (option for lid – rubber stamp pad)
- 14” length of ribbon
- craft glue or glue dots
- assorted adhesive embellishments
- netting or cellophane
- Paint or distress-ink the outside of shadowbox base and lid; allow to dry.
- Adhere desired embellishments to top of lid.
- Adhere ribbon around edge of lid with craft glue or glue dots.
- Place candies in a piece of netting or cellophane first, then place in box.
- Ready-To-Go! Mini Blank Board Petal Pot
- heavy-duty hole punch (such as a Crop-A-Dile)
- duct tape
- craft paint and brush
- craft glue or glue dots
- 24” length of ribbon
- Punch holes in each panel of pot.
- Secure the bottom panel to each side panel with a bit of duct tape on the inside.
- Paint pot with 1-2 coats of craft paint, inside and outside; allow to dry.
- After pot is dry, adhere ribbon around pot with craft glue or glue dots and tie ends in a bow.
Votive or tealight candle should be contained in glass or metal to prevent fire hazard; secure base of candle container inside pot with glue to prevent tipping.
- Ready-To-Go! 10″ x 10″ Blank Board Book
- solid paper color A :
- 2 shts. 9-7/8″ square
- 1 sht approx. 3” x 4”
- contrasting solid paper color B:
- 1 sht. approx. 4” x 6”
- 1 sht measuring ¼” larger than “guest” word (below)
- coordinating patterned paper:
- 1 sht. approx. 7” x 9″
- 1 die-cut border approx. 2” x 3”
- coordinating patterned narrow ribbon
- the word “guests” printed on white cardstock in desired font from computer and trimmed to size
- desired photograph or printed image trimmed to approx. 2” x 3″
- stamp pads to match paper A and paper B
- 6 coordinating eyelets and eyelet setter
- small hole punch
- decorative corner punch
- self-adhesive metallic dots or rhinestones
- double-sided tape and glue dots
- solid ribbon(s) to match paper color B (use multiple lengths of narrow ribbon or 1 length of wide ribbon)
- Adhere paper A to front and back covers with tape
- Distress-ink the edges of front and back covers and spine with stamp pad, bleed on to edge of paper
- Adhere patterned paper on top of paper A on cover;
- Adhere coordinating ribbon around edges of patterned paper with glue dots, trim ends flush with paper
- punch 3 accent holes on two sides of the 4” x 6” paper B; attach brown eyelets with setter; adhere on top of patterned paper.
- Punch corners of the 3” x 4″ paper A with decorative punch, then distress ink edges with contrasting stamp pad color; adhere to 4” x 6” paper B
- Adhere diecut border to 2” x 3” photo, adhere 2” x 3” photo to 3” x 4” paper A
- Embellish frames as desired with metallic dots or rhinestones
- Adhere “guests” print-out to center of trimmed paper B; adhere to book
- Adhere ribbon(s) along left side with glue dots
You can leave the inside pages white for guests to write their names, a special message to the bride and groom, or even sketches. Think about providing different color pens and pencils to make your guestbook a more memorable keepsake. Another option would be to cover each page with nice paper and embellishments, with a designated area for signatures. Then the rest of the book can be scrapped with pictures later.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Turquoise and Brown Wedding Decorations
- Heartfelt Collection: Handmade Paper Rose
- Sweetheart Rose Collection: Bridal Bouquet
- Heartfelt Collection: Ring Bearer Pillow
- Heartfelt Collection: Cookie Favor
- Garden Flowers: Invitation
- Flower Frill Wedding: Ring Bearer Pillow
- Flower Frill Wedding: Centerpiece
- Garden Flowers: "Our Love Blooms" Seed Paper Favor
- Heartfelt Collection: Wedding Scrapbook Page
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Clover Sewing Prize Pack
- Little B
- Little B Embellishment Bundle
- Sprinrite Basket of Bulky Yarn
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1