Steampunk Hat and Fingerless Gloves
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
DIY steampunk crafts are so easy to make, you won't believe it. Create your own Steampunk Hat and Fingerless Gloves and wear them whenever you need to add a fancy touch to your wardrobe. Use a metal sheet roll from MD Hobby & Crafts to get started on your hat crafts. The metal overlaid with black lace was used for the hat band. The same metal/lace was used in the matching fingerless gloves then accented with black roses and other trims. The metal shines nicely through the lace. This fun and easy craft project can be completed in an afternoon. The fingerless gloves add just the right touch to the hat and can also be done in an afternoon.
- MD Metal Sheet Roll-from swag bag
- MD metal working gloves-from swag bag
- silk florals
- cording, braid trims
- black lace yardage
- black felt
- jewelry findings for glove closure
- my pattern for gloves
- Cut metal and lace strips in width desired for hat band.
- Secure on hat with hot glue or other craft glue.
- Optional - glue veil to base of band on the front of hat.
- Glue other trims around top and bottom of band as desired.
- To create back arrangement: cut 2 large circles from veiling fabric, sew loose basting stitch all around each and gather into large yo-yos.
- Cut streamers from lace and veiling in length desired.
- Stack: large yo-yo, streamers, large yo-yo, flower and either glue or hand stitch together.
- Glue to back of hat.
- For fingerless gloves:cut felt pieces for under metal, cut metal using metal working gloves, cut lace overlay as per pattern
- Layer felt, metal, lace and hand or machine stitch around to encase metal.
- Sew trims, closures on.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shrink Plastic Animal Keyholders
- Easy Princess Dress Pattern
- Sweet Chick Cup Cozy
- DIY Paper Star Decorations
- 4th of July Firecracker Treats
- DIY 4th of July Favors
- Baby Jacket/Cardigan
- 14 Creative Uses for Mesh Produce Bags
- Baby Shower Photo Cube Light
- Long Eared Bunny Basket