Light Pink Tie Dye Dress
Dazzle your friends with this light pink dress from I Love to Create. All you need is a Tulip Custom Color Dye Kit and a cotton dress. In six easy steps you can wear this dress all summer long.
- Tulip® Surface Cover™
- Tulip® Custom Dye Color Kit™
- Tulip® Craft Gloves™
- Dress – 100% cotton or natural fibers
- Container – plastic – 2 gallon
- Rubber bands
- Spoon – large – extra-long handle
Cover work surface with Dye Surface Cover™. Set plastic container on covered surface and wearing Craft Gloves™, follow booklet instructions to create Guava dye (or desired color).
Prewash dress to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
Lay damp dress out flat on work surface. Pull up a section of fabric from the bottom right corner of dress and wrap a rubber band around it. Continue pulling corner of dress into a tube shape and wrapping rubber bands around fabric until you have a total of five rubber-banded sections. Make sure sections are evenly spaced apart.
Mix dye Wearing rubber gloves, mix 1 gallon (3.8 liters) of hot water (equivalent to hot coffee, around 170° - 190° F (77° - 88° C) but not boiling), dye and pour 3 tablespoons salt for each dye mixture. See charts for different dye color formulas and combinations. The dye mixture should be sufficient to dye up to 1/2 pound (22 grams) of fabric, equivalent to a large men's T-shirt.
Immerse fabric into dye mixture. Stir continuously for the first 15 minutes, then occasionally every 5-10 minutes for the next 45 minutes. Total time will be one hour.
- Fill washer to "large load" setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately. Wash separately the first few times. Do not allow dyed fabric to rest wet on other items.