This Sunburst Clock is a great recycled craft that anyone could do! Made with old magazine pages, this cheap home decor item would look great in a living room or kids room. Use old recipe pages for a clock in the kitchen!
- Old magazines
- Double sided tape
- Tear out colorful pages from magazines.
- Roll each page with one side being much tighter than the other (this will create the fan effect). Solid color pages are best, or pages with a wide strip of color on the edge. Experiment and play until you have the color you want.
- Tape the rolled up page to hold.
- Repeat as needed to fan out around your clock.
- Turn your clock upside down, and on the back place double sided tape all around the outside edge.
- Place your rolled up magazine pages all around the clock, mixing the colors as you go. You may want to trim your rolled up pages so that they are uniform. Just cut the small end with scissors to the desired length. Press firmly.
- Place tape on top of the pages to anchor.
- Turn your clock over, hang on the wall and enjoy!
Read NextTropical Leaf Watercolor Printable
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 02, 2017
Starburst clock really makes a statement! Regarding how to hang, most clocks have a small recessed area in the back, and so,e have open ledges all around so you would shorten up the ends of the rolled newspaper enough to expose that indentation. For clocks without am area to hang, some strong fishline or picture wire looped in the back and secured with cement glue would probably work OK. This clock really has a retro look about it... So,cool!
Jan 27, 2017
I like this idea a lot. I can see making this for college kids because you can personalize it to their tastes and help them keep track of time. It would be a good idea for kids that are in high school too, but I am not sure that they would look at the clock.
Oct 04, 2013
I'm wondering how to hang this clock afterwards? If the magazine parts are taped on the back it seems like it would make the clock to thick to hang the usual way and hook onto a hook or nail. It really cute and I want to make this.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use