Precious Embossed Decorative Clock
Wall decoration ideas may seem complicated (and costly), but this Precious Embossed Decorative Clock really breaks the mold. Use clay and paint to create a one-of-a-kind design that really stands out from the crowd. The three-dimensional look makes this project unlike other home decor crafts. Hang this homemade clock in a bedroom or living room - it's a stylish and fun way to keep track of time. This is also a great housewarming gift idea for a new homeowner - they'll love looking up on the wall and seeing your meaningful handmade gift every single day.
- PLAID Mod Podge ® Mod Melts - White Milk Glass
- PLAID Mod Podge ® Mod Molds - Alphabet
- PLAID Mod Podge ® Collage Clay - Vanilla White
- PLAID FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Steel Gray, 2 oz.
- PLAID FolkArt ® Painting Stencils - Small - Lovely Floral
- PLAID PLAID FolkArt ® Metallics - Pure Gold, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- Walnut Hollow® square clock 12 x 12 #23025
- ArtMinds™ quartz clock movement kit M10040430
- Palette knife
- Hot glue gun
- Flat brush ½”
- Water basin
- Foam plates
- Paper towels
- Using the white mod melts, create all the numbers needed to make a clock.
- Tape off a rectangle in the middle of the square clock. Paint Wicker White.
- Tape off a small border around the white rectangle and paint Pure Gold. Also paint the rim of the clock Pure Gold.
- Place the floral stencil randomly on the unpainted part of clock. Squeeze Collage Clay onto a foam plate. Apply liberally to open areas of stencil with palette knife. Slowly lift stencil. Wash stencil and repeat process until desired amount of embossed flowers are created. Let dry overnight.
- Paint the embossed flowers and clock Steel Gray. Lightly dry brush flowers with Wicker White.
- Glue numbers to clock as shown. Paint another coat of Wicker White over numbers.
- Attach clock movement referring to manufacturer’s instructions.
Read NextBeachy Pom Pom Wall Hanging