High Heel Button Wall Art
If you're looking for wall decor ideas that will please your favorite girly girl, be sure to make your own High Heel Button Wall Art. This delightful design is colorful and eye-catching. For this project, the more mismatched the buttons, the better!
- Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
- Buttons – I used tons of gorgeous Blumenthal Lansing buttons
- 12″ x 12″ dimensional frame
- One high heel shoe – cut in half length wise with a band saw using a carbide tip multi-purpose blade
- Decorative paper
- Gems, letters, tiny nick knacks, doo-dads and memorabilia
- Hot glue
Cover the inner sole of the shoe half with decorative paper.
Add layers of foam or whatever you have to be sure the shoe will have complete contact with the frame back. Use Super Thick Tacky Glue to attach the shoe to the background. Allow to dry overnight.
Place your message first – I used a postcard above the shoe, so the letters were arranged around it.
Add your embellishments – I glued a base layer of buttons on the shoe, then glued everything I could fit over that, keeping my favorite buttons visible.
- Add any embellishments to the background. My only regret that I didn’t have a tiny pink flamingo and horn-rimmed glasses to add!
Read NextGalvanized Metal Bunting