Fluffy Tutu and Button Wall Art
Make inexpensive wall art from sparkly buttons and a tutu poster, the cutest way to decorate a little ballerina's bedroom. This fluffy tutu and button wall art project shows you how to make a tutu poster into a girly decoration.
- Favorite Findings™ Glitter Buttons: #1451, #1453, #1455, #1457, #1459, #1461, #1462, #1463
- Poster or painting of tutu
- Canvas the poster will fit on
- Mod Podge: paper
- Large flat paintbrush
- Pre-made hot pink tutu
- Got glue gun and glue
- Glue poster to canvas.
- Glue tutu across bodice, a little below the waistline. Trim tutu if it is too long for the canvas.
- Glue a layer of glitter buttons to cover the bodice. Glue a second layer of buttons on top to cover the spaces.
- Refer to photo for placement and assembly.
- Paint a tutu on a canvas yourself to personalize your art.
- Make your own tutu by sewing 2 yds. ⅜” satin ribbon to 2 yards hot pink tulle. On other edge of ribbon, with needle and thread, stitch running stitches. Pull thread to gather to the size that will fit the waistline of the tutu.
- Glue poster to the canvas: Cover canvas with even coat of Mod Podge. Place poster on wet canvas. Smooth with finders, making sure every bit of the poster is touching the canvas. Another coat of Mod Podge can be applied over the poster. This will make the poster easier to dust or clean.
Read NextWooden Spoon Wall Art