Colorful Repurposed Clock
Show off your wild personality with a Colorful Repurposed Clock from Candace Jedrowicz. Repurposing materials is a great way to use up scraps and various other odds and ends. Use buttons and beads from your stash to complete this project.
- Item to repurpose
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Buttons, beads, glass globs, tiles, gems, trim and bric a brakc
- Wood balls for feet
- I found the easiest approach to be…decide where you want things to go then take them off the piece lay all the bits for the front around the piece in the order they will go on, then lay the bits for all the other sides in groups.
- Now you’re ready to glue.
- This is a view of the top of the clock.You can see the bits for the sides of the clock grouped on their respective sides.
- Add trim to the bottom before gluing the bottom bits on.
- Fill in the spaces with kitschy little things. Glue on the wood ball feet.The wavy wire on the top belonged to pen. I saved it because it looked cool – darned if it isn’t just the perfect accoutrement that transforms the clock into a crazy vintage looking TV!
- The back is decorated as well.When the clock gives out I plan to a black and white photo in it to complete the vintage TV theme.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Repurpose a Clock.