Brown Paper Packaging Tied Up with String
Don't want to spend a ton of money on wrapping paper this year? Try wrapping your gifts in Brown Paper Packaging Tied Up with String! This old familiar song is taken literally in this adorable project from Fiskars. This is a quick and easy way to wrap up a last-minute gift and you can even decorate the paper to suit the season. Use Fiskars stamps to embellish the bag and add a lacy border to the paper bag. Great for all kinds of gifts for all kinds of occasions, this Brown Paper Packaging tutorial is quick, easy, and is a fun way to wrap up your presents this holiday season.
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
- SureCut™ Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer (12")
- Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5)
- Double Bubble Border Punch
- Seal of Approval Squeeze Punch (Large)
- Scallop Paper Edger
- Non-stick Scissors (8")
- Round ’n Round Squeeze Punch (Medium)
- Looking for a different way to gift wrap your presents this year? Try using brown paper instead of expensive wrapping paper. It is easily available and SO eco friendly. In this project I used tons of lace to decorate my packages. You can easily find lace at garage sales and by combining lace and brown paper you get a very romantic gift wrapping option. Here are a few simple ideas for you try.
- Ruffle a long length of lace and wrap it around your brown paper wrapped gift. Add a bow or tag if desired.
- Are you bringing cookies as a hostess gift? Try packaging them in a brown bag and add a lace bow on top.
- To create a slit for the lace to pass through, I used a border punch, which adds such beauty to the bag. You can use any border punch you have in your stash, just center the bag on the punch (as seen in photo above), and punch once in the center.
- Decorate a jewelry box by simply tying a lace around it and adding a few scrap lace ties to make a bow. Add a punched out scallop as a tag if desired.
- A quick idea to make an envelope, fold some Kraft cardstock and add a scalloped edge using a paper edger. Close shut using lace, and add a lace flower.
- To make flower, punch out a circle from Kraft circle. Fold lace in half width-wise, and stitch around the circle.