Vintage Design DIY Side Table
Learn how to stencil and paint a Vintage Design DIY Side Table with these instructions. Give your DIY home decor a touch of elegance with this DIY furniture. You would be hard-pressed to find DIY home decor ideas as lovely and simple as this one. Make a plain white side table into a metallic bronze statement piece for your living room. Your guests will delight in the luxurious look of the table, but you can be proud that you transformed cheap furniture into an antique-looking piece.
For more great home decor craft projects from Stencil Ease®, check out 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas.
- Stencil Ease® Parisian Medallion Wall Painting Stencil
- Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- Ikea® LINDVED Side Table, white
- Rust-Oleum® Metallic Spray, Antique Brass, 11-Ounce
- Modern Masters® Metallic Statuary Bronze, 6-Ounce
- Modern Masters® Metallic English Brown, 6-Ounce
- Shurtape Technologies LLC Frog Tape®
- Stencil Ease® Double-Ended Stencil Brush, White Bristle
- Paper Towels
- Paper or Plastic Plate
- In a well ventilated outdoor space, spray the entire Ikea® LINDVED Side Table with the Antique Brass Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray.
- Let dry Overnight.
- Spray the back of the Stencil Ease® Parisian Medallion Wall Painting Stencil very lightly with the Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray and let the adhesive dry.
- Position the stencil design on the center of the table and press down to make sure it is sticking to the table.
- Pour some of the Modern Masters Metallic Statuary Bronze and some of the Modern Masters Metallic English Brown onto the plate.
- Load one end of your Stencil Ease® Double-Ended Stencil Brush with the English Brown Paint then swirl the brush onto your paper towel until it seems like all of the paint is removed. This creates a dry brush and leaves the perfect amount of paint on your bristles. Using a dry brush prevents paint from seeping under the cut-outs of the stencil. This part of the process is essential if you would like clean/ crisp lines when you lift your stencil.
- Either stipple (lightly tapping over the stencil cut-outs) or swirl the paint onto the table.
- Load the other end of your Stencil Ease® Double-Ended Stencil Brush with the Statuary Bronze Paint then swirl the brush onto your paper towel until it seems like all of the paint is removed.
- Randomly add accents of this color over the English Brown color (you can do this without waiting for the paint to cure from the previous application).
- Allow the table dry completely overnight.
For more information about Stencil Ease® or to purchase Stencil Ease® products, please visit www.stencilease.com.
Read NextDollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier