Retro Wallpaper Window
You might think that old window is a piece of junk, but you're wrong. Instead of hauling it over to the trash bin, use it to create a Retro Wallpaper Window. Crafts using recycled materials look great and help the planet at the same time. Use Mod Podge to adhere your favorite wallpaper squares to the window. Don't worry if it's covered in scratches because this ultimately gives the piece a ton of character. If you're looking for antique-looking projects and love recycled craft ideas, you'll want to make your own version of this delightful project.
If you love this project, you'll love the ideas found in15 Old Picture Frame Crafts
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
- Window cleaner
- Mod Podge
- Razor blade to clean out paint or varnish from the corners of the glass to prepare your windows for the paper
- The first step is cleaning the glass with the window cleaner on both sides. I had to use the razor blade to remove varnish that had stuck to the glass as well.
- Next, measure and cut your paper to fit the glass. Apply the Mod Podge to the front of the paper.
- Press the paper to the glass on the back/underside of the window, and keep smoothing with your fingers to remove air pockets and excess Mod Podge. A second coat of Mod Podge can be applied to seal after about 15 minutes.
- Picture hanging hardware can be attached to the back of your window so you can hang it as wall art.
Read NextUpcycled Flea Market Glass Vases