Winged Heart Frame
For your Valentine, decorate this picture frame with a heart and tie it with a bow.
DecoArt Products Required
- DA267 - Poodleskirt Pink
- DA276 - Razzle Berry --- NEW!!
- DAW67 - Black
- DA263 - Splendid Gold --- NEW!!
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 1" foam or flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Sea sponge
- Foam plate
- Extra fine point black permanent marker
- 18" coordinating 3/8" grosgrain ribbon (We used hot pink with black dots by Ribbon FX.)
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Flame lighter
- 7" x 9" unfinished wood frame with 6" x 6" opening, Darice, Inc., 9705-3
- Remove glass and inserts from frame.
- Use 1" brush to basecoat frame Poodleskirt Pink; let dry.
- Use sea sponge to sponge Splendid Gold over surface; let dry.
- Use pencil to transfer pattern onto frame; trace over lines with permanent marker.
- Use 1/4" flat brush and Razzle Berry to paint heart; let dry.
- Use 1/4" flat brush and Splendid Gold to paint wings; let dry.
- Use Black Americana Writer to paint over marker lines; let dry.
- Spray frame with Americana Gloss Spray and let dry.
- Cut ribbon into pieces of 10" and 8". Tie 10" length into bow and trim ends. Using caution while holding ribbon end near flame, seal ends of each ribbon length to prevent unraveling.
- Refer to photo for placement and glue 8" ribbon length across top area of frame, gluing ends to back side. Glue bow over ribbon center.
Read NextButton Heart Ornaments