Upcycled Valentine DIY Wreaths
By: Victoria Hannley from dazzlewhilefrazzled.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Got dry cleaner wire hangers in your closet? I do. I typically recycle them but we had amassed a small collection so instead of tossing them, I used them to kick start my Valentine's Day decorating! Bending the hangers into a heart shape and adding some inexpensive fabric store mesh, I created a trio of colorful hearts to bring love to my front door."
Estimated Cost: Under $10
Time to complete: In an evening
Primary Technique: Florals/Wreaths
- Dry cleaner wire hangers
- Fabric mesh
- Wire cutter
- Gather any wire dry cleaner hangers you may have in your closet.
- Bend the hangers into a heart shape.
- Using wire cutters, cut off the hanging end of the wire hanger.
- Cut strips of fabric mesh and wrap around the hanger.
- Using pliers, bend the cut end of the hanger toward the heart and continue to cover the hanger with mesh.
- Now the fun! Cover the wrapped heart hanger with the mesh in whatever method you like best. In my example, the red heart was created with lots (and lots) of mesh ties; the link pink heart was wrapped in strips of mesh and secured with little mesh ties; and the fushia heart was created by loosely gathering mesh and securing with little mesh ties. Lots of options to make them look different!
- Add a hanging ribbon and bring love to your front door!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wedding Photos Home Decor Display
- Pretty Polka Dot Patio Furniture
- Coloring Book Jewelry Set
- Checkerboard Easy Chair
- Dancing Sheep Crochet Hat
- Swirl Tie Dye Technique
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Quilling: Basic Materials and Technique
- Rustic Chic Love Chicken Wire Frame
- Today You Will Rule the World Coffee Trivet