Red Plastic Cup Heart Garland
Valentine's Day is the perfect time to make recycled plastic crafts! Grab a stack of cups and make a fun and whimsy garland to hang in your home. A Red Plastic Cup Heart Garland from Heidi Borchers is the perfect addition to any space, big or small.
- Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles
- Red plastic cups
- Heart pattern of your choice
- Marking pen
- Paper doilies (I used round)
- Hole punch (small for beaded wire)
- Craft wire
- Beads and buttons (assorted)
- Needle nose pliers
- Cut down side of plastic cup and cut away bottom. Place a heart pattern onto inside of cup (white side) and trace around pattern. Cut out heart design along pattern line.
- Cut outside doily design removing center of doily. Place Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles on back of doily.
- Remove clear liners to reveal Tacky Dots. Place doily on front of plastic heart and press to adhere in place. Cut away excess doily.
- Punch small holes in each side of heart.
- String beads and buttons on wire adding wire loops after every few beads. Insert wire into hole and use pliers to create swirled end to hold wire in place. Repeat to create several hearts and beaded wires and strand together to desired length.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Plastic Cup Heart Garland.
Read NextHeart Felt Ornaments Tutorial