Pink Wood Valentine Heart with Iron on Ribbon
Make this sweet valentine heart for a loved one, a kid or as a gift to yourself!
- Kreinik Iron-on Ribbon in 6120 Pink and 6010 Pearl
- Kreinik Teflon Press Cloth
- Iron or Clover Mini Iron, ironing surface
- 2 1/2” wooden heart (available at craft stores)
- Plaid® Apple Barrel “Gloss Enamel” pain in Roseberry color, and a small paint brush
- Pink heart button
Refer to photo as a guide. Turn on your iron to highest heat setting and allow it to heat thoroughly.
- Paint both sides of heart with Roseberry paint. Allow it to dry.
- Place end of pink Iron-on Ribbon at center top of heart, attach to heart using tip of the Mini Iron, covering ribbon with Teflon cloth.
- Twist ribbon into small curl, iron to outside edge of heart, continue around edge of heart back to top. Make a hanging loop at center top of heart before cutting ribbon.
- Referring to photograph, make a smaller pink heart in center of wood heart. Add a double loop of ribbon inside small heart as shown, add small pink heart button to center of loops.
- Attach pearl Iron-on Ribbon between rows of pink ribbon, starting at top center of heart.
- Design may be repeated on the backside of heart if desired.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
Read NextValentine’s Day Heart Basket