Aqua Chic Tunic and Scarf
Make your own matching summer look with the Aqua Chic Tunic and Scarf design. You can create your own ensemble out of bright dyes for a colorful style that you can dress up or wear casually. This tie dye method is simple and does not take many steps or materials, so you can do it in an evening. The tunic and scarf set is a perfect cover-up outfit for wearing over a swimsuit to the beach or pool. Bring out your love for bold colors with this tie dye pattern or give it to a fun-loving friend as a cute gift.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Green
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Turquoise
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper towels
- Tunic - white - 100% cotton
- Scarf - white - 100% cotton
- Spray bottle (optional)
- Prewash tunic and scarf to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth and lay damp tunic and scarf on prepared surface.
- Wearing gloves from kit, add water to dye bottles to fill lines. Replace caps tightly and shake dye bottles until dye is thoroughly mixed.
- Place rock salt from kit randomly all over scarf and tunic.
- Following kit instructions apply dyes to items referring to photo for color placement.
- Cover tunic and scarf with plastic tablecloth and let set 4 to 6 hours. Wash separately in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately.
Read NextRainbow Tie Dye Pillows
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use