Air Freshener Turkey Centerpiece
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Have your house nicely decorating for Thanksgiving this year while having the house smell nice and fresh. This turkey is not only a centerpiece, but also serves as an air freshener. You will love having this cute little turkey as an extra Thanksgiving decoration to make your guests smile. Nobody can resist the charm of a turkey, and it's scent is even more irresistible. Capture both in this Thanksgiving craft that will get the whole family smiling and smelling good.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Flat wooden teardrops: 1-3/8" x 2-1/2" (XL), five; 5/8" x 1-1/2" (M), two
- Silk autumn leaves, six
- Acorn, nut, and burgundy berry stem(s)
- Acrylic paints: brown; yellow; tan; sage green
- Renuzit® LongLast® Adjustable Air Freshener
- Clay pot, 4-1/2"
- Scrapbooking paper scraps: burgundy; orange linen; brown variegated; tan speckled; green
- Half-round black beads, 6mm, two
- Lightweight cardboard
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Compass or circle template
- Metal tablespoon
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Paper towels
- Sea sponge
- Craft snip or wire cutters
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Optional: glue stick
- Paint pot tan; let dry. Apply second coat; let dry. Moisten sea sponge; squeeze to remove excess water. Sponge paint pot. To sponge paint, dip sponge into paint, press sponge onto paper plate to remove excess, and then apply to surface with up-and-down motion. Let dry. Sponge paint pot sage green in same way; let dry. Open air freshener and place in pot.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 2-1/4"-diameter circle from bottom of 4" foam ball; discard scrap. Use spoon to carve out foam from inside ball, until it fits over top of air freshener.
- Cut small foam ball in half; reserve one half for a future project. Cut 1-1/2"-diameter circle from one rounded side of 4" ball, 3/4" above flat bottom edge. Use glue gun to glue half-ball to flat area for head. Replace head/body over air freshener. Trim foam at bottom of head if needed until head fits in pot.
- For feather placement, cut a 1/4"-deep groove across center top of body, beginning and ending 1-3/4" from flat bottom edge. Remove turkey from pot and paint brown; let dry. Apply second coat; let dry.
- Paint medium teardrops yellow; let dry. Measure and use craft snip to cut 1-1/8" from pointed end of each teardrop. Cut small slit in head for beak placement. Glue teardrop ends into slit as shown, 1/4" apart.
- Glue bead eyes to head. Cut two 1" x 3" strips from burgundy paper for wattle; glue strips white sides together. When dry, cut wattle pattern from glued paper. Glue wattle under beak, gently curving to add dimension.
- Measure and use craft snip to cut 2-3/8" from pointed end of each extra-large teardrop. Use white glue or optional glue stick to glue wooden "feathers" to unprinted side of desired papers; let dry. Trim excess. Glue paper to back of feathers in same way, if desired. Use glue gun to glue cut feather ends into slit in body; let dry. Replace turkey over air freshener.
- Use compass or circle template to cut 4" circle from cardboard. Glue back edge of pot to back edge of circle. Arrange and glue leaves, acorns, nuts, and berries to cardboard.
- When gel is depleted, replace with a new air freshener.
®™* Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow
To make this free craft pattern, we recommend the following materials. You can find them for a discount at CutRateCrafts.com!
If you are looking for more turkey crafts, these 16 Turkey Crafts for Thanksgiving are a great way to celebrate the holiday.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Curiously Country Candle Centerpiece
Awesome DIY Crochet Pumpkins
"9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make" eBook
Thanksgiving Turkey Pinata
Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath
20 Thanksgiving Craft Centerpieces
"Thanksgiving Crafts" eBook
Easy Thrifty Gourd Place Settings for Thanksgiving
24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects free eBook
Easy Thanksgiving Napkin Rings
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mother's Day Candle Gift Set
- Off the Shoulder Dress Pattern
- Free Butterfly Printables
- Teach Me Cricut Design Space
- Repurposed Plastic Egg Carton Floral Wreath
- Cinco De Mayo Invitation
- Cinco De Mayo Decorations
- Photos and Camera Quilt
- DIY Incense Holder from a Recycled Vinyl Record
- Paper Bag Pants Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home