Harvest Napkin Rings
Looking for a way to keep the kids entertained when you prepare for Thanksgiving? Kids crafts to the rescue! These Harvest Napkin Rings from Crystal Donnelly will keep the little ones occupied and will come in handy when you set the kids table!
- One cardboard paper towel tube
- Tacky Glue
- Embossed felt
- Autumn Felt shapes, available at craft stores
- Fall leaves, purchased in craft stores
- Clothespins (optional)
- Measure and cut four pieces off the cardboard tube to 1 ½” lengths. Trim the rings evenly around.
- Measure a piece of felt 1 ½” x 6”. Cut four.
- It is a good idea to put two fingers inside the ring to hold it while you are gluing. Spread a generous amount of glue all over the outside of the ring. Attach the felt piece working around to cover. Overlap and glue the ends. Let dry. Trim the felt to the edges of the cardboard. Ring base is made.
- To decorate the rings, glue pre-cut shapes over the seam line to cover. A faux fall leaf looks great under a felt shape. Use clothespins to hold the shapes on until completely dry.
Read NextPlymouth Rock DIY Table Runner
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 04, 2017
These are very pretty and look just great! If you don't have the tube, you could also opt to use a plastic water bottle cut into strips. Have the kids make plenty so that guests can take one home for a momento! They could even do the basic design on a paper plate or two clustered together for a centerpiece or even as a banner on a mantle, great idea, thanks for sharing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use