Striped Tie Dye T Shirt
Want to make a quick, tie-dye-look shirt without all the hassle and mess? You can create a nice striped tie-dye t-shirt in under just 20 minutes with Simply Spray. Alyice Edrich shows you how.
- Simply Spray ® paint (your color of choice), 1 can
- White cotton t-shirt
- Rubber bands
- Newspaper or clear trash bags
1. Cover your work area with clear plastic trash bags (or newspaper) to avoid excess spray from ruining your furniture or floors.
2. Lay your freshly washed and dried t-shirt on top of the clear trash bags (or newspaper).
3. Starting at the bottom, fold your t-shirt like an accordion (back and forth in a zig-zag motion) then tie the ends together with a rubber band.
4. Grab your favorite color of paint and spray the front, back, top and bottom folds.
5. Remove the rubber bands, flatten the shirt, and let dry.
That's literally all it takes to create a cute tie-dye t-shirt!
Designer Tip: Make sure you start your spray on a scrap piece of material (as suggested per instructions), then continue holding down the trigger as you move the spray over the t-shirt.
Simply Spray (Item 2839-04) was provided, free of charge, by SimplySpray.com
Read NextVintage Button Up Shirt Pattern