Redesign with Embellishments
Making your own embellishments on clothes is easy with Tulip Beads in a Bottle. Add a little something extra to a plain shirt with this project from I Love to Create. Create delicate, flattering designs and see how many compliments you get on your new clothes!
- Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ Transfers (rose and daisy)
- Tulip® Fashion Form™
- Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ Paint (gemstone and pearl)
- Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ Studs and Crystals (metal studs and pearl studs)
- Straight pins
- White polyester blended shirt
- Paper towels
- Pressing cloth
- Prewash shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener. Dry shirt.
- Cut away keys from both rose transfers.
- Pin transfers in place to avoid movement.
- Lay shirt on flat surface and cover with a thin cloth.
- Preheat dry iron to highest setting.
- Press iron firmly for 40 seconds. Keep iron steady or pattern will blur. Lift and repeat on all areas of transfer. Let cool to touch.
- Without moving transfer, carefully lift corner to confirm design is completely transferred. Re-iron if necessary.
- Insert Tulip® Fashion Form inside shirt. Pin shirt in place if necessary.
- Adhere desired Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ Crystals to shirt with a dot of Tulip® Beads in a Bottle™ paint. Let dry.
- Apply Tulip® Beads In A Bottle™ to each dot of transfer. Hold tip of bottle about 1/16” above surface and squeeze gently to begin forming bead. Squeeze beads to desired size and lift straight up. (Note that beads shrink slightly when dry.)
- Continue adding beads in desired colors until entire bead pattern of transfer is covered.
- Let dry flat 4 hours. Fabric can be washed (turn inside out) after 72 hours.
Read NextVintage Button Up Shirt Pattern
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.