Portfolio or Folder Pouch
Make this pretty pouch designed by Lisa Fulmer to protect important documents such as a portfolio. The handles are tied in loose knot to slip the bag over your wrist and carry it like a little purse. The handles untie to slide the paperwork in and out.
- 3 coordinating fabrics
- pinking blade
- sewing machine
- decorative button
- Select 3 coordinating fabrics; cut the pouch piece 14"x22" and hem both 14" sides 1/2".
- Use a pinking blade to cut a wide handle strip 3"x38" and a narrow handle strip 2"x38".
- Position the handle strips on top of each other, then pin to the center of the pouch, all fabrics right side up. stitch all three fabrics together on top of the narrow strip, per diagram below.
- Fold fabrics in half, right sides together, to form the 13"x11" pouch, pin 11" sides together and stitch closed with 1/2" seam.
- Turn pouch right side out, hand sew a decorative button to the front.
Read NextRFID Shielded Handbag