Mini Cupcake Pin Cushions
Never lose another pin again! Use this free pin cushion pattern from Maria Nerius to make your own mini cupcake pin cushion out of little more than a scrap of fabric and a bottle cap.
- 4 1/2" Diameter circle of fabric
- Puff of Polyfil or a few cotton balls
- Plastic bottle cap
- Yellow or coordinating paint
- Paint brush
- Needle and thread
- Hot glue or super tacky glue
- Optional: Red craft gem for a cherry
- Paint your bottle cap and allow it to dry.
- Using a running or gathering stitch, stitch along the outside edge of the circle of fabric and pull lightly to semi-gather the circle. Remember to keep the right side of the fabric to the outside with the wrong side of the fabric inside the gathering ball of fabric. Stuff the Polyfil stuffing or cotton balls inside and pull your gathering stitch firm, knot off.
- Using hot glue or super tacky glue, apply some glue to the inside of the bottle cap and also to the bottom of your gathered fabric ball. Insert ball with knotted side down to the inside of the bottle cap. Hold firm to let glue set.
- Finish with a red craft gem cherry! You can also use this little cupcake as a wrist pin cushion by adhering it to a band of elastic or adhere it to a ring finding to make it a finger pin cushion!
Read NextRuffled Scrap Fabric Towel