How To Sew A Face Mask
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Learn how to sew a face mask to keep yourself safe during these uncertain times. In the news the past few days, the announcers keep letting us know that at this point everyone should be wearing a mask to protect themselves and others in the community. If you have a sewing machine and have basic sewing skills, you can make this face mask. The basic pattern involves two layers of fabric, three 3 folds and elastic to go around the ears. No sewing machine? That is okay, you can hand sew this together too , it will just take longer.This is a super simple tutorial. It’s pretty much a rectangular piece of fabric with pleats and elastic on the side. The pleats help give the extra room needed to breath comfortably. "
NotesAlso includes the link to a video showing this air mask pattern being made.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- (2) 6 x 9 Inch Rectangles of Cotton Fabric
- (2) 1/8 Inch or 1/4 Inch wide Elastic that is 7 Inches Long
- Sewing Machine
- Tape Measure
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Recessed Zippers-how To Take Away The Pain
- How To Make A Zipper Box Pocket In A Bag
- How Do I Sew That- Boxed Corners On A Bag
- Water Bottle Carrier Bag
- Crochet Mini Treat Bags
- Elastic Waist Skirt Pattern
- Basketweave Stitch (one Row Repeat) | Crafting Happiness
- Printable Father's Day Card
- The Perfect Father's Day Gift From Trash To Treasure
- Puff Rainbow Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home