Shoofly Quilt Block
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Learn how to sew a Shoofly Quilt Block during week 2 of our Spring Block of the Week! This easy block is perfect for a beginning quilter!! Also learn a technique for making half square triangles within the directions for this week’s block!! The history of the Shoofly Quilt Block dates back to the mid-1800’s! This 9-patch block was named after a wild plant with rounded flowers called clover broom or shoofly. Another name for this quilt block is “Hole in the Barn Door”. No matter the name, this cute little block is super duper easy and fun to make!!! The finished block will measure 12 ½” x 12 ½” square."
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Quilt Size12 inches wide x 12 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- North Wind Quilt Block
- Dutch Flower Quilt Block
- Teapot Cover To Keep Tea Hot
- Bear Paw Quilt Block
- Scrappy Mini Quilt Pattern ~ Cottontail Cutie!
- Four Square Simple Charm Pack Baby Quilt and Video
- How to Create Different Quilting Patterns Using a Walking Foot
- Pinwheel Square Mini Quilt
- Quilted Christmas Stocking Sewing Pattern
- Japanese Afternoon Quilt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Invisible Joining In Crochet
- Little Bitty Round Doily
- Oopsie Daisy Baby Doll Romper
- Free Crochet Sprouting Sapling Plant Pattern
- Monstera Leaf Crochet Mug Rug
- Printable I Spy Summer
- Emilia Shawl
- Endless Eyelets Cardigan Pattern
- Ornamental Shawlette
- Plush Hourglass Floor Pillow
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home