Spellbinders Grand Calibur die cutting and embossing machine
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Gifted by Spellbinders
Reviewed by Linda Augsburg
One of the best products introduced to papercrafting has been the cutting machine. The ease of cutting multiple shapes precisely and quickly makes creating paper crafts even more enjoyable. More recently, papercrafters have been looking for ways to add textural elements to their paper cutouts, so adding the ability to emboss mechanically has skyrocketed to the forefront.
The Spellbinders Grand Calibur die-cutting and embossing system makes it quick and easy to cut or emboss multiple dies at once. Given the size of this machine, it can accommodate large-format dies, which opens up your paper-crafting options. There are multiple mats depending on whether you're cutting or embossing, and the ones that come with the Grand Calibur are very clearly marked so you know when to use them and in what order - SO helpful. The two-step cutting-and-embossing process uses the same die: you run the layered plate through once to cut, then change the top plates or mat and run the layers through without moving the die to emboss.
Must-mention features on this machine include a large suction cup to keep the Grand Calibur in place as you crank the layers through the machine, a large handle to hold on to when you crank, and the larger size format. Its plates measure 8-1/4" x 11-3/4" so you can work with larger designs; the Grand Calibur can cut or emboss paper up to 8-1/8" wide. And don't forget its compatibility with several other brands of dies, including Sizzlits, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, Fiskars Embossing Plate, and brass embossing stencils! Lightweight (10 pounds) and portable, this machine will get you geared up to make cards, paper crafts, scrapbook layouts, and much more.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Hand Lettered American Flag Plaque
- Squares and Miters
- Tips for Sewing Soft Toys for Kids and Relatives
- Star Stitch Tutorial
- Yoga Shorts Pattern For Women
- Dragonfly toddler Dress
- How to Make Lotus in Origami Style: Easy Craft Tutorial
- Telegraph Shawl
- Flower Headband
- Pleated Blouse
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home