Spellbinders Grand Calibur die cutting and embossing machine
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
Gifted by Spellbinders
Reviewed by Linda Augsburg
One of the best products introduced to papercrafting has been the cutting machine. The ease of cutting multiple shapes precisely and quickly makes creating paper crafts even more enjoyable. More recently, papercrafters have been looking for ways to add textural elements to their paper cutouts, so adding the ability to emboss mechanically has skyrocketed to the forefront.
The Spellbinders Grand Calibur die-cutting and embossing system makes it quick and easy to cut or emboss multiple dies at once. Given the size of this machine, it can accommodate large-format dies, which opens up your paper-crafting options. There are multiple mats depending on whether you're cutting or embossing, and the ones that come with the Grand Calibur are very clearly marked so you know when to use them and in what order - SO helpful. The two-step cutting-and-embossing process uses the same die: you run the layered plate through once to cut, then change the top plates or mat and run the layers through without moving the die to emboss.
Must-mention features on this machine include a large suction cup to keep the Grand Calibur in place as you crank the layers through the machine, a large handle to hold on to when you crank, and the larger size format. Its plates measure 8-1/4" x 11-3/4" so you can work with larger designs; the Grand Calibur can cut or emboss paper up to 8-1/8" wide. And don't forget its compatibility with several other brands of dies, including Sizzlits, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, Fiskars Embossing Plate, and brass embossing stencils! Lightweight (10 pounds) and portable, this machine will get you geared up to make cards, paper crafts, scrapbook layouts, and much more.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Are you ready to create a DIY craft that's as practical as it is thrifty? If so, this Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer is for you. This… Continue reading: "Dollar Store Magnetic Organizer"
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Patons Lincoln Fog Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Stamp-n-Storage 12x12 Paper Holder!
- Chance to win Darn Good Yarn Twist Lace Silk Yarn and Yarn Bowl!
- Chance to Win a Silk Sari Wrap Skirt!
- Win a 360 Crafter's Rolling Bag!
- Choo Choo Organizer Drawers
- Creative Options Tapered Tote
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Enter to win Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn!
- Tulip Beads in a Bottle
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Scarlett Bag
- In A Pinch Crochet Beanie
- Crochet Kangaroo Amigurumi
- Granny Square Baby Blanket
- Faux Leather Heart Bag
- Framed Dried Flowers
- Diy Paper Flower Backdrop
- Multistrand Knit Necklace
- Beginner Baby Hat Pattern With Sizes For The Whole Family
- Padded Laptop Bag
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home