DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Recently I've seen chalk-finish paint being used on lots of DIY projects, so I was excited to try the Americana Décor Chalky Finish Paints and the accompanying Creme Wax. I love any and all places where home décor and crafting intersect!
The first thing I love about the Americana Décor line is the color palette - soft pastels, both bold and muted earth tones, plus yummy smooth neutrals. They go well with many interior house paint colors, too. I really like that the paint is in wide-mouth jars rather than small jars or bottles - It's so much easier to dip the brush directly into the jar when you're working. And it's low-odor, which is always a plus when painting larger projects.
The flat finish is really nice - I like how, in spite of the color, it allows the natural state of the wood to come through. The wood looks newly refurbished, yet still has that "lived-in" quality. I got good coverage with a single coat, but better coverage with two coats. I prefer working with a sponge brush, but regular paintbrush strokes melted away pretty nicely. I also tried it with a sea sponge - the flat finish partners really well with the sponge's random texture - my surface looks lovely and organic.
The Creme Wax is intended to protect the chalky finish - it's actually very fluid. It goes on the dry painted surfaces really easily and dries quickly. A light buff with a smooth cloth after the wax was dry brought out the color a bit more, without adding any gloss.
All in all, it was a successful trial! Check out the Chalk Paint Ladder Rack I painted - I love how it turned out!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Enter to Win the Mod Podge Sampler Pack!
- Just Hang It Jewelry Organizers
- Bic Mark It Color Collection
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Chance to win the I Love You to the Moon and Back Plastic Canvas Kit!
- Craftwell eBosser Automatic Embosser and Die Cutter
- Tumble Dye Tie Dye Kit (8-pack)
- Fiskars Fuse
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Enter to win the Downton Abbey Yarn Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Flowers Word Search Puzzle
- Love Live Lake
- Narwhal Uniwhale
- How To Make A Double Crochet Rectangle Base In Rounds
- Wanderers Mosaic Blanket
- Jeweled Dragonfly Pendant
- Wood Clay And Metal Earrings
- Pocket Pillow Cover
- Painted Bird Nest Pillow Cover
- Blessed Three Star Coaster
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home