Swirly Wire Wrapped Pendants
Are you a girly girl? Looking for jewelry that sparkles? Make Swirly Wire Wrapped Pendants from Candace Jedrowicz for yourself and all of your friends. This cool jewelry craft is cute, fun to make and a great way to show your creativity.
- 12" of 20 gauge brass wire
- A long bead, about 2", or 2 or 3 smaller beads to stack in the center
- Assorted small beads
- Jewelry tools: round nosed and chain nosed pliers and side cutters - chasing hammer or head pin
- A pen cap
- I love making my own head pins! I use a chasing hammer to flatten a tiny tongue on the end of a 2" piece of 20 gauge wire. It needs to be wide enough to keep a small bead from sliding off. This will be used to make a dangle.
- You can use a ready made head pin, if you prefer.
- Slide a couple of small beads on.
- Make a loop around one side of the round nosed pliers and wrap the wire tail around beneath the loop. Cut off the excess wire.
- Starting about 1/3 of the length of the wire, wrap around one side of the round nosed pliers and crimp with the chain nosed pliers.
- Slide the dangle into the loop.
- Twist the long tail of the wire around the short tail just above the loop.
- Thread your long bead (or stack your series of beads) on the short tail of the wire.
- To make a bail (that's the large loop that the necklace will slide through), wrap the short tail of the wire around the narrow end of pen cap twice.
- Cross the wire over the first loop on the back side.
- Wrap the tail around the bottom of the bail two or three times, leaving about 1 1/2" of tail.
- Use the round nosed pliers to wrap the remaining tail into a spiral.
- Starting with your smallest beads, begin stringing onto the long tail.
- Begin twisting the long tail around your central bead(s), as you continue stringing with slightly large beads.
- When you've twisted and beaded almost all the way to the top, go back to stringing the smallest beads.
- Wrap the end of the long tail around under the bail several times, leaving about 2" to wrap into a spiral.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Wire Wrapped Swirly Pendant.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Pendants"
Save your money and follow these easy jewelry making instructions to create personal and one-of-a-kind necklace pendants. You can find jewelry making ideas that use a variety of jewelry making supplies.