Distressed Wooden Pendant Necklace
Want to learn how to make a cool wooden pendant necklace? This Distressed Wooden Pendant Necklace tutorial from Consumer Crafts will show you how to make a cute, simple and earthy pendant that will make all your friends jealous.
- Boho Collection™ 2 inch wood owl focal piece in brown (GG-011) or 1.25 inch in natural (GG-012)
- Boho Collection™ antique copper chain: 18 inch alternating link (GG-033), 24 inch round link (GG-036) or 24 inch oval link (GG-035)
- Darice® antique copper findings kit 1972-08CP
- Craft paint or stain, if desired
- Jump ring finger tool 1964-39
- Boho Collection battery powered sanding tool GG-042
- Paint natural wood owl focal piece in desired color (we used brown) and allow to dry.
- Sand owl to give it a “distressed” look, using the Darice® sanding tool. Sanding on edges and in other places that would normally see wear and tear over the course of time will give you the most natural distressed look. Note: This versatile tool can be used for antiquing jewelry pieces, wood of all kinds, metal and even scrapbooking pages.
- Attach to copper chain using a copper jump ring and pliers, and you’re all set!
Note: If you want to kick the necklace up a notch, the focal pendant can be customized by using different paint colors in the first step, or by repeating the painting and sanding steps with a second color. You can even dress up the finished necklace with coordinating bead drops and elements, or further embellish the wood pendant after sanding if desired.
Find this and other projects like it in our "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed!
Read NextVintage Spoon Pendants