Glittery Butterfly Lace Card
This gorgeous glitter lace card can be created in 11 steps. Emily Miller shows us how to make it. Give one to a friend or loved one. Tell them you were thinking of them and you made the card with love.
- Ultrafine Glitters: Melone, Cosmos, Orange Crush, Black, and Crystal
- 2 Cream Colored Card Stock and Coordinated Envelopes
- 1/8" Sticky Strip, 6" long
- Barbara's Butterfly Stamp and Permanent Black Inkpad or Barbara's pre-printed Butterflies
- Ultrafine Metal Tip
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- Spoon and 5 Small Plastic Trays
- Sticky Paper
- 4 1/2 x 5" Piece of Lace (Preferably a Large Pattern)
Empty each jar of glitter into its own tray.
- Peel off backing of sticky paper.
- Lay lace over sticky side of paper. Firmly smooth on all areas of lace to sticky side of paper.
- Spoon on random pattern of Orange Crush, Cosmos and Melone' over entire surface. Tap off extra glitter back into plastic tray.
- Pull off lace to reveal lace pattern.
- Flood card with Crystal glitter to fill in remaining sticky part of paper.
- To adhere lace panel to front of card, apply adhesive on back, and firmly adhere to front of card, leaving a 1/4 overhang on top. Turn card over and fold remaining overhang to stick to back of card for a finished look.
- Use decorative edge scissors to cut along lace edge, leaving 1/8" border.
- Apply sticky strip to bottom edge along inside of card. Glitter with Melone and Cosmos.
- Apply adhesive to 1/8" border along bottom of lace scallop with Ultrafine Metal Tip. Glitter with Melone.
- dd adhesive dots over glittered sticky strip and carefully sprinkle Black glitter on each dot so black does not affect lighter colored glitter on strip.
- Let dry. Apply a light coating of acrylic spray, if needed.
- Use one of Barbara's Butterfly preprinted on coated card stock, or stamp Barbara's Butterfly on stiff card stock and let dry.
- With Ultrafine Tip apply Dries Clear Adhesive to black areas of image. Flood area with Black ultrafine glitter. Let dry.
- Fill the first area of wing (except where Black has been applied) with adhesive. Work in small sections and apply glitter while the adhesive is wet, white and shiny.
- Using spoon, tilt butterfly slightly and apply Melone. Tap off excess glitter into tray. Repeat with other colors in strips, darkest color closest to body, creating a gradient effect by carefully applying each color over the top of the next one.
- Repeat for other four quadrants. Let dry completely for 3-7 hours.
- To complete card, cut out butterfly, and clip between wings. Gently fold wings up and fold around finger to shape each wing. Apply adhesive to back of butterfly body and firmly place on center of card. Let dry overnight.
- Using a funnel, or a piece of paper curled into a homemade funnel, pour remaining glitter back into jars.
Read NextPaper Plate Tambourines