Sweet Dreams Bedroom
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the Designer: "Create a sweet little bedroom for a special little girl or for the kid in you. Annie's Sweet Dream Bedroom is made using chipboard, scrapbook paper, the Xyron Creative Station Beacon's 3-in-1 glue, inexpensive doll furniture from Dollar Tree and a few extra miscellaneous craft items. I love working with miniatures and creating little rooms. For this room, I wanted to create a "mini make" over for Annie's Bedroom. With a little imagination it's easy to make it special."
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Project TypeMake a Project
- Graphic 45 Garden Goddess 8x8 Paper Pad and Cream Cardstock
- Xyron: Creative Station and Adhesive Eraser
- Marvy Uchida: Cutting Mat, Craft Knife, 3" Scalloped Circle Punch
- Paper Cutter and Scissors
- Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
- Tape Technology: StyleTechCraft Dark Red Ultra Metallic Glitter Vinyl and Chrome Metallic Vinyl
Tape Technology: StyleTechCraft Transfer Tape
and Vinyl Tools
- Silhouette Cameo
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Ink Blender
- DecoColor® Premium Silver Leafing Pen
- Miniature Christmas Ornaments
- Cream Felt
- Button, lace, ribbon, twine, pearl beads
The Bedroom measures 7 1/2″ wide, 7 1/2″ tall and 5 1/2″ deep. Cut 3 pieces of chipboard 5 3/4" x 7 1/2". Cut 1 piece of chipboard 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" to use as the back wall.
Cut decorative scrapbook paper from the Garden Goddess paper pad to use on the floor, walls and outside walls of the room. I like to cut my paper slightly wider than I need so I can trim the edges with a craft knife.
I used both cardstock and scrapbook paper to cover my walls. For my walls...cut both papers into 3 3/4″ strips.
I cut a small strip of paper from the paper pad for a decorative border.
I ran each of my strips through the Xyron Creative Station.
Adhere paper to the chipboard.
Cover back of the chipboard with coordinating scrapbook paper.
Gently sand edges with a extra fine sanding block for the perfect edge
For the Mural on the Wall... I used an SVG file and my Silhouette Cameo Wireless Cutting Machine to cut and create the words “follow your dreams” using StyleTechCraft Dark Red Ultra Metallic Glitter Vinyl.
Using the weeding tool, I carefully removed the negative spaces in and around the letters.
Place a piece of Vinyl Transfer Tape* over the letters.
Apply words onto the back wall. Remove transfer tape.
Glue the walls together using a good craft glue . I like to use Beacon's 3-in1 craft glue. I used wood boxes to hold my wall up while the glue dried.
I added small strips of paper on the back corners for added support.
I purchased inexpensive unfinished doll furniture at the Dollar Store and painted it with White Birch Multi Surface Acrylic Paint. Accent the edges of the furniture and knobs on the dresser with the silver leafing pen. I made a small little toybox out of chipboard and painted it. I added pearl beads to the bottom of the toybox and bed.
Using StyleTechCraft Dark Red Ultra Metallic Glitter Vinyl and my Silhouette Cameo I cut the words "toys" and the name "Annie". Apply the vinyl onto the toybox and bed the same as the wall.
To make a mini lamp shade...punch a 3" scallop circle. Trace around a button in the center of the scalloped circle. Cut out the small circle as shown in the picture. Glue ends of the circle together to form shade. Glue shade onto a small painted wood spool.
Cut small pieces of ribbon and glue them onto a piece of twine to create a small ribbon banner to hang onto the wall. Glue Banner onto back wall.
The mirror was made using a small piece of StyleTechCraft Chrome Metallic Vinyl placed onto a small piece of chipboard.
Cut 1/4" strips of chipboard and paint brown. To create a wood look, ink to the edges of the chipboard with vintage photo distress ink. Glue strips onto the front of the Chrome Metallic Vinyl to create the frame. FYI...I used small Christmas ornaments for the toys.
NotesCreating Annie's Sweet Dream Bedroom was a labor of love.
And with a little imagination and basic paper constructions it's not that hard to do.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
- Color Yourself Calm Mandala
- Healing Hearts Coloring Page
- Printable Monthly Planner Page
- 50+ Adult Coloring Book Pages
- Pressed Flower Paper Lanterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages free eBook
- 15 Printable Free Coloring Pages for Adults free eBook
- DIY Halloween Bat Candy Tubes
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: How To Make Adorable Owl Napkin Rings
- Paper Mache Bowl
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Patchwork Sampler Bag
- Fall Inspired Chunky Blanket
- Crochet Candy Corn Amigurumi
- Polar Bear Sweater
- Fall Tissue Paper Suncatchers Craft
- Easy Coffee Filter Turkeys Thanksgiving Craft
- Pumpkin Size Sorting Printable Activity For Kindergarten
- Lacy Zigzag Scarf
- Attractive Wall Hanging From Paper
- Frame From Newspaper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home