Pink Polka Dot Paper and Picture Set
Create the look of elegance. This is a cute DIY craft that any little girl can put together. She'll get her own notebook, picture frame and jewelry box. Painting this decor will look beautiful once the ribbon is put into place.
- Crafter's Acrylic
- DCA57 - Peach Parfait
- DCA69 - Wild Rose Pink
- DCA47 - Black
- DCA51 - Yellow Cornmeal
- Americana Brushes
- DBR2003-B - Round #3
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3008-B - Shader #8
- DecoArt Brushes
- DS23 - Easy Cling Brush (3)
- Small papier mache jewelry box
- Canvas journal
- Canvas photo frame
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Tracing and transfer paper
- 3/4" masking tape
- Sheer black ribbon, 11/2"
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Pink mix is a 1:1 mixture of Peach Parfait and Wild Rose Pink.
- For monograms, use a computer to choose a font and size, draw freehand, or use a stencil of your choice. Trace and transfer onto surface.
- Paint entire box with pink mix using flat 3/4" brush. Let dry.
- Use pouncer brush and Yellow Cornmeal to apply polka dots randomly around box.
- Paint edge of base in Black using #8 shader brush. Let dry.
- Mask off stripes across box top. Paint open areas with Black using #8 shade brush. Remove tape.
- Paint in monogram using Black and #3 round brush.
- Paint cover using pink mix. Let dry.
- Paint in dots using Yellow Cornmeal and pouncer brush. Let dry.
- Mask off stripes along edge and paint Black. Let dry.
- Paint monogram using Black and #3 round brush.
- Paint front and sides using pink mix. Let dry.
- Paint dots using Yellow Cornmeal and pouncer brush. Let dry.
- Paint monogram using Black and #3 round brush. Let dry.
- With black sheer ribbon, make bows for all three pieces; adhere with hot glue gun.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 07, 2011
This is a wonderful gift idea for any age. This will be a great idea for xmas gifts this year. Thanks for posting this.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use