We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"In this project, easy to blend TintIT. colors create an ombre color grid for a unique wall planter by Gretchen Sell for Design Master."
Design Master 533 Sunflower and 530 Pinkolicious
6 Basswood slats x 3 x 24
4 Basswood strips 1/4 x 1 x 24
- Fine grade sandpaper
- Latex gloves
- Paper towels
- 54 small nails/braids
- Picture hanging kit
Sand the wood slats to smooth the surface. Wipe away the dust.
Prepare a protected surface to spray the wood slats. Wear latex gloves.
Closely spray TintIT. Sunflower on a slat. Let the spray puddle and wet the wood surface. Be sure to color the edges as well. Immediately, while the color is still wet, wipe the TintIT into the wood with a paper towel. If an area is missed closely apply some more TintIT and wipe again. Let dry. This application enhances the wood grain. Color 4 of the 6 slats in this method.
Color the remaining 2 unfinished wood slats in the same manner using TintIT Pinkolicious.
Set aside 1 of the yellow stained wood slats. To a 2nd yellow slat, mist with Sunflower at a distance of about 15. Even out the wood color by misting areas that might look lighter. Then to deepen the yellow, evenly mist the whole slat. These 2 slats will be the top 2 rungs on the palette.
To the remaining 2 lightly stained yellow slats, lightly mist with Pinkolicious TintIT from approximately 15 away. The colors will blend to make a light coral hue. Keep one of these slats light in value to use as the 3rd rung on the palette. Then on the other slat mist another coat of Pinkolicious to deepen the color. If desired, also mist with Sunflower to balance the coral color. This will be used for the 4th rung on the palette.
To the light pink stained slats, select one to set aside for the 5th rung of the palette. To the 2nd pink slat, mist with Pinkolicious at a distance of about 15. Even out the wood color by misting areas that might look lighter. Then to deepen the pink, evenly mist the whole slat. This slat will be the last rung on the palette.
After slats have dried, sand the wood with the scrap paper. This will remove impurities caught in the spray, but not the color.
Assemble the palette. Nail 2 of the 1 wide strips together to make thicker. Align the strips 1/2 in from the edge of the slats and nail the rungs to the wood strip.
Attached a picture hanging kit to backside. Keep the wire tight to hide behind a slat. Attach to wall; arrange air plants between rungs and Enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you need more storage space but don't have extra room or money to do it, try repurposing an old piece of furniture from your… Continue reading: "Elegant Refurbished Entryway Cabinet"
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- Rustic Amish Pitcher
- Charming Country Mason Jars
- Galaxy Painted Rocks
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
- How To Paint On Glass
- DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft
- Different Types of Craft Paint
- Temporary Tattoos Painted Rocks Idea
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Crochet A Little Witchy Tea Light
- How To Make Clear Vinyl Zipper Bags
- Pumpkin Spice Body Butter
- Paper Cactus Crafts
- Mason Jar Bathroom Storage Diy
- Homemade Bath Soaks With Dried Herbs & Oats
- Upcycled Rope Vase
- Farmhouse Style Fabric Pumpkins
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home