Glittery Christmas Pinecone Ornaments
Make a statement with Glittery Christmas Pinecone Ornaments from Liz Revit. It doesn't cost much to create this pinecone Christmas craft. Best of all, it's a fun project.
- Assorted pinecones
- Americana acrylic paint by DecoArt in the suggested colors: Indian Turquoise (top photo), Winter Blue (in the three step-by-step pictures), Country Red, Avocado Dip, and Hauser Light Green
- American Painter #5 round (series 4000)
- Glitter, of course, in assorted colors
- Black, 26-gauge craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Chain-nose pliers
- Paint the tips of the pinecone with paint as shown above. Work quickly because you want the paint to remain wet.
- While the paint is still wet, sprinkle lots of glitter on the pinecone. Let dry completely.
- Use 9 inches of wire, and bend it in half to form a loop. Take the loose ends, and gently twist a few times to secure the loop. Now wrap the loose ends around the pinecone's stem. Push down any loose ends with your chain-nose pliers.
- Hang on your Christmas tree!