Cream Wedding Garter
Make your big day even more special with this handmade Cream Wedding Garter. You can create beautiful, yet cheap, garters for you or someone you love with a few pieces of fabric and some sweet fabric embellishments.
- 4cm wide ribbon
- 1.5 cm Bias binding (pic 1)
- 8.5cm wide Lace
- Matching cotton (or use different i.e. metallic )
- 2.5cm wide skirt elastic
- Scissors, pins & measuring tape
- Pin bias strip down on ribbon. You can also use ribbon should you wish.
- Stitch down both long.
- Pin ribbon on lace.
- Stitch ribbon to lace on both long sides.
- To establish the length of the elastic just wrap and it around your thigh and test how tight you want it to be.
- Attach a safety pin to one side of the elastic and a pin on the other end to prevent it from slipping through.
- Feed the elastic through the gold ribbon and lace and sew the ends close.
Read NextEasy Diy Wedding Sign