Christmas Tree Holiday Domino Necklace or Ornament
These dominos make a nice small gift item for the season or a treat for yourself. I like to cover the back of the dominoes with suede or velveteen paper to add a bit of class to them. These domino projects from Posh Impressions can be EITHER a necklace or ornament.
- White Christmas Stamp Set (Sunday International)
- Pine Cone
- Pine Needles
- Pre-Drilled Domino (Sunday International)
- Brilliance Ink Pads (Sunday International)
- Pearlescent Beige
- Rocket Red
- Pearlescent Ivy
- Galaxy Gold
- Stewart Superior Palette Ink – Burnt Umber
- Metallic Gold pens – ultra fine & regular size
- Glossy Accents (Ranger)
- Stickles Clear Glitter (Ranger)
- (1) Mini Brass Brad (remove flaps)
- Suede Paper
- Quick Hold Craft Glue
- Gold Cord, beads, spacers
- Heat Tool
- Cover the top of the domino with beige ink by applying the pad directly to the domino. Heat set. Apply red ink in one corner; ivy ink in another forming a triangular shape pattern on domino. Heat set.
- Stamp pine needles in gold ink on red and ivy portions of domino. Heat set. Use burnt umber ink to stamp pine cone in beige area. Heat set. Use fine metallic marker to draw lines separating colors. Paint edges with larger metallic marker. Apply Glossy Accents to entire domino using fingertip. Tip: Hold domino between fingers and start with sides; then finish with top lying on flat surface. Allow to dry overnight.
- Add glitter to pinecone. Add brad embellishment, suede paper on back. Wrap cord around the edges of domino passing it through the holes twice and add beads. Tie a small knot to finish off the necklace at ends; dab knot with white glue to secure fiber.