New Year's Mini Album
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a New Year's Mini Album from Spellbinders to celebrate a fantastic year. This paper craft idea is completely unique and very fun.
- Grand Nestabilities
- LF-114 Grand Circles #6
- LF-124 Grand Scalloped Circles #4
- Shaken not Stirred patterned paper by KaiserCraft
- Copic Marker
- S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #6
- S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #5
- S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #3 and #1
- Season of Love-Tags stamps by Waltzingmouse
- S4-114 Standard Circles Lg #2
- S7-018 Big Scalloped Border Grand
- Black patterned paper
- S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles #1
- S4-295 Lacey Squares #4 and #3
- S7-018 Big Scalloped Border Grand
- Black ribbon
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L E-Z Runner
- Kaleidoscope Borders and Sentiments Round 2 3/8″ sentiment by JustRite Stampers
- S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #3
- Black tulle
- Red velvet scalloped ribbon
- Hole punch
- Grand Nestabilities retail for $49.99, making each die template approximately $8.31 each. This is a great value compared to buying a pre-made mini album that you can only use once.
- I started the cover and pages by making a Circle Scallop frame die cut. To do this, nest LF-114 Grand Circles #6 (#1 being the smallest) inside the LF-124 Grand Scalloped Circles #4 and cut/emboss. I used a piece of tape to secure the die templates on the A-Base Plate. This assures a consistent width all the way around the frame.
- The leftover Circle die cut is a result of making the frame. I used those for pages as well. Shaken not Stirred patterned paper by KaiserCraft was used for the entire album.
- Cut/emboss LF-114 Grand Circles #6 out of white patterned paper. Adhere the white Circle die cut to the red Scalloped frame die cut.
- I photographed the die cuts next to a Copic Marker so you can get a feel for the “Grand” size of these fabulous Grand Nestabilities.
- Cut/emboss S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #6 out of black patterned paper, S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #5 out of grey patterned paper, and S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #3 and #1 out of red patterned paper.
- I used Season of Love-Tags stamps by Waltzingmouse. I found that stamping the journaling lines first, then lining up the circle tag stamp works well. Next, line up S4-114 Standard Circles Lg #2 around the stamped image and cut/emboss.
- Cut/emboss S7-018 Big Scalloped Border Grand out of black patterned paper. Create mountain folds every 1/4″. Adhere the ends of the Scalloped Border Grand die cut. This will create a wonderful accordian pleated embellishment.
- I adhered the S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles #1 into the center, along with a silver tear drop by The Robin’s Nest.
- Here are 2 finished pages I created quickly by cutting/embossing S4-295 Lacey Squares #4 and #3 out of black patterned paper. I also cut/embossed S7-018 Big Scalloped Border Grand out of grey striped and red patterned paper. I threaded black ribbon by Creative Impressions through the Scalloped Border Grand.
- A red sparkling brad by Creative Impressions secures the journaling tag. I adhered all elements in the album with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L E-Z Runner.
- Stamp Kaleidoscope Borders and Sentiments Round 2 3/8″ sentiment by JustRite Stampers onto grey S4-124 Classic Scalloped Circles Lg #3. Adhere silver tear drop to the center of the stamped image. Assemble the cover of the mini album as shown. I used a bit of black tulle and red velvet scalloped ribbon as well.
- I chose to punch two holes in the lefthand side of the album and use rings to bind it.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
14 New Years Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations eBook
New Year's Eve Centerpiece
Glammed Up DIY Bracelet
DIY Sparkle Heeled Shoes
Marvelous Masquerade Mask
Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
New Year's Terra Cotta Planter
New Years Noisemakers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 4 Easy Small Wood Projects You Didn't Know You Could Make
- 14 Christmas Crafts for Adults, by 365 Days of Crafts
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home