New Years Firework Champagne Flutes
These New Years Firework Champagne Flutes will be the best part of your New Year's celebration and they are simple crafts to make. You will mainly need painting supplies and you can buy high quality champagne flutes or find them for a dollar, depending on your budget. Once you've followed the instructions, you can add your own personalized embellishments. These glasses can act as decorations until the countdown to midnight begins and then you'll serve the champagne in them. You will have a blast on New Year's Eve with these functional yet decorative champagne flutes.
- Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics: Cotton Ball, Black Tie, Silver (Metallic), Yellow Gold (Metallic)
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Rubbing alcohol
- #4 flat brush
- Champagne flutes
- #10/0 liner brush
- Clean the champagne glasses with rubbing alcohol and paper towels. Let dry completely.
- Use a #4 flat brush and Black Tie to paint the stems. Rinse brush. (You may have to touch up the stems after painting the fireworks).
- Use a #10/0 liner brush and Silver to paint four fireworks on each flute. Rinse brush.
- Use a toothpick dipped in Silver to add dots in the middle of each firework, working passed all the edges. Dip a separate toothpick in Yellow Gold to add more dots. (Try not to touch any of the Silver dots.)
- Use a new toothpick and Cotton Ball to add more dots, spacing them out farther apart. Leave about 1-1/2" of unpainted area around the rim of the glass.
- Continue adding more dots with Yellow Gold, Silver, and Cotton Ball so they look as if they are falling.
- Allow to dry and follow Multi-Surface Acrylic label for curing times. Once they are fully cured, follow the label instructions for baking times to make them dishwasher safe.
For more great home decor projects and paint craft ideas, check out our eBook Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics from DecoArt. You'll find DIY craft projects for all season.
Read NextBedazzled Handheld Weights