Little Amish Quilt Bookmark
Go wild with needlepoint this holiday season! A Little Amish Quilt Bookmark is a perfect project for any season!
- 4″ square of 14 mesh needlepoint canvas
- 5 colors of #3 pearl cotton or other thread to coordinate with bookmark (model uses brown paper packages Silk & Ivory in 125 (salmon), 12 (black), 14 (burgundy, and 65 (iris))
- 1 square of foam adhesive
- Bookmark 2″ x 6″
- Alphabet stamps
- Following the needlepoint chart (pictured), stitch the quilt in the center of your square of canvas.
- Needlepoint stitches cover one intersection of the canvas and slant from lower left to upper right.
- Once the needlepoint is stitched cut the canvas three threads from each side and unravel two of the threads.
- Place the foam square in the middle of the bookmark, near the top.
- Place the needlepoint onto the foam square and weigh down with a book.
- Attach letter stickers spelling “read” (or another appropriate word) down the bookmark below the needlepoint.
- If you like, embellish the bookmark with a tassel.