Mini Owl Necklace
What's cuter than a little, wide-eyed owl? A Mini Owl Necklace, of course! This small wiseguy will help you create a necklace that your friends will love. Even if you don't like owls (gasp!), you can still replace the bead to any little bird or critter you want. Owls can make anybody smile, so there's no better jewelry making idea than an accessory that puts one of these little guys on display. Make one for each of your friends to show them what a "hoot" they are.
- 1 Owl Bead
- 1 Clear Seed Bead
- 1 Silver Leaf Charm
- 1 Silver Eye Pin
- 2x 4mm Silver Jump Rings
- 50cm (19.5 Inches) of Silver Chain
- Wire Cutters
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Gather all your supplies before starting.
- Start off by threading your owl bead onto your eye pin, followed by your clear seed bead. Then, taking your round nose pliers, make a small loop. Cut off any excess wire with your wire cutters.
- Taking your chain nose pliers, open up one of your jump rings. Then string one end of your 50cm chain onto your jump ring, as well as the owl pendant you made previously before closing the jump ring back up again.
- Now taking the other end of your 50cm chain, thread it through the top leaf of your leaf charm. Taking your chain nose pliers, open up your other jump ring. Then string the end of the 50cm chain that has nothing attached to it yet onto your jump ring, as well as the bottom of the leaf charm before closing the jump ring back up again.
- Optional: If your necklace is unable to easily fit over your head you can add a clasp at the back. You'll need a silver parrot clasp set as well as two 4mm jump rings. Taking your wire cutters you'll want to cut your 50cm in the middle at the back (Where the nape of your neck is). Then taking your chain nose pliers, attach one end of the clasp to the end of one of the pieces of chain, and the other end of the clasp to the other end of chain using your 2 jump rings. When you're done be sure to close both jump rings back up.