Mother's Day Blooming Card
This project is great for those who are just beginning at iron-on crafts. It's a cute Mother's day card that has just the perfect touch with the flowers on it.
- Mrs, K’s Iron-on Medium Braid in 6100 Carnation, 6420 Sky Blue, 6250 Orange, 6300 Meadow
- Mini Iron or household iron
- Kreinik Teflon Press Cloth
- White cardstock folded to 5.5” x 4.25” and envelope
- Fancy-edged scissors
- Flower stamp (we used Love Without End stamp set from Stampin Up)
- Stamp pads: Fuchsia, Blue, Orange, Green
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, trim the bottom edge of your card, just the front side, with the fancy-edged scissors.
- Stamp the stems and the flowers on the front of the card, using our photo as your guide.
- Go over the stem areas with Iron-on Braid in 6300 Meadow. To do this, lay the thread at a starting point, right over the green stamped stem. Set the Teflon Press Cloth on the thread, then press with your hot iron for several seconds or until the thread adheres. Continue along the design, pressing the thread in sections. Always cover the thread with the Teflon before ironing to keep the adhesive from sticking to your iron.
- In the same fashion, lay a swirl of Iron-on Braid in each flower center, in your choice of colors. Then trace around each flower with alternating colors of Iron-on Braid.
- If desired: Stamp a message across the top, or on the inside of the card.
Read Next101+ Mother's Day Crafts for Adults