Mother's Coupon Bouquet
Spring crafts without flowers are ludicrous. Thankfully, this Mother's Coupon Bouquet from Heidi Borchers is inspired by beautiful blossoms, making it a worthy craft for spring. Learn how to make recycled crafts that look gorgeous and have a creative purpose. With this particular recycled craft, the faux flowers you make won't merely look lovely. These fancy flowers will also double as coupons for a special someone. Use this as a Mother's Day craft or handy homemade birthday gift.
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion Peel & Stick Sheets
- Fabric - for the flowers - fun colors - for the leaves assorted greens (note: for the stems and leaves you will need to rip fabric strips from green fabric and iron flat)
- Aleene's Mothers Day Coupon Flower Pattern
- Buttons (various colors and styles)
- Wooden skewer sticks (for stems)
- Florist wire 20 gauge (for leaves ) 2 for each flower 6” - 8” long
- Needle nose pliers (to bend leaves wire)
- Circle template or paper punch (for cutting coupon)
- Paper (for coupons)
- Jar to hold flowers
- Paper shreds for inside jar
Cut 2 pieces of fabric slightly larger than Peel & Stick sheets. Remove release paper and press Peel & Stick onto wrong side on one piece of fabric. Press paper firmly with fingers (or use a craft stick with one end cut off to use a rubbing tool). Remove release paper and adhere both pieces of fabric wrong sides together. Place pattern onto top and cut out flowers.
Glue buttons in place on front of flowers with several layers of Peel & Stick.
To cover the stems, place a 1/2" x 1/2" piece of Peel and Stick onto the end on the wrong side of one of the green fabric strips. Remove backing paper and place onto the top of a wood skewer stick. Begin to roll or wrap fabric around the stick. When you reach the end of stick, cut fabric and place another small piece of Peel & Stick on fabric and finish wrapping end to secure in place.
For spiral leaves, use same procedure of wrapping fabric strip(s) on the florist wire. Using pliers, bend covered florist wires into spirals. Cut a 6" strip of the green fabric. Cut a 1/2" piece of Peel & Stick and attach to end of wrong side of fabric. Remove paper backing. To hold the two leaves onto the stem, adhere the end of the 6" fabric strip just below the spirals and continue to wrap fabric strip around stem to secure leaves in place. Use another piece of Peel & Stick to glue end of fabric strip in place on stem.
Use Peel & Stick to adhere flower to top of stem.
Print out coupons on computer and cut into circles approximately 1-½” diameter.
Place a small piece of Peel & Stick on back of coupon. Remove the backing paper and place coupon onto the back of the flower (over the stem.)
- Fill jar with paper shreds and tie a fabric bow around the jar. Place flowers into the jar.
Read NextHand Printed Apron