Copper Cutie Mod Podge Tray
All you need to create this Ikea hack is one tray and a roll of pennies. The sparkling design of the pennies really add a new and unique look to your home.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "I’ve had this Ikea tray for 10+ years and have never used it - now it sits on my coffee table with other items I created. I am enjoying this project. It took longer to figure out how to do it than it took to do it! I would recommend getting several dollars worth of pennies from the bank because you won’t get all shiny pennies! You don't have to be a great painter for this project - if you mess up you can go back over it - the paint & mod podge are pretty forgiving! I alternated heads & tails on my pennies, but you can do any pattern you want. I liked the contrast with part of the tray with a black background and part with the coppery background."
Mod podge crafts usually involve adding paper or fabric patterns to your furniture or craft surface. This decoupage darling, however, is not a typical Mod Podge idea. Learn how to make a tray shine with copper chic when you make this Copper Cutie Mod Podge Tray. All you need to create this Ikea hack is one tray and a roll of pennies. The sparkling design of the pennies really add a new and unique look to your crafting surface, just make sure you clean the pennies first so they can shine their brightest on your craft.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Oly-Fun Metallic Rose Gold
- Ikea Klack Tray
- Can of coke or vinegar & water (to clean the pennies)
- paint brushes
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Plaid folkart home decor chalk paint
- Felt pads (for bottom of tray)
Lay pennies out on tray to determine what pattern and quantity of pennies you will need.
Clean tray with alcohol. Let dry
Apply one coat of chalk paint to tray. Let dry, then apply second coat and let dry. Hint - put paper down & wear gloves so your hands don’t turn black.
Find enough shiny pennies to cover bottom of tray, If needed, clean pennies by using vinegar & salt or coke. Let pennies sit in liquid until they are shiny. Rinse. Let dry.
Paint Mod Podge on bottom of tray and lay down the oly-fun fabric in the center of tray. Measure to make sure it’s centered.
Paint Mod Podge on tray (do small sections at a time) and lay pennies down on wet mod podge. Paint mod podge on top of pennies. Allow to dry
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Learn how to make a tree of life out of an old bike wheel! Bicycle wheel crafts like this one are beautiful and thrifty at the same… Continue reading: "Tree of Life Bicycle Wheel Craft"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Handmade Fabric Border
- Avery Beanie
- Mosaic Triangles Pillow
- Long Arm Oven Mitts Free Sewing Pattern
- Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Lily's Floral Gift Card Holder
- How To Make A Hair Clip Holder
- Invisible Joining In Crochet
- Little Bitty Round Doily
- Oopsie Daisy Baby Doll Romper
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home