Brilliant Nightstand Makeover
Grab an outdated nightstand and use your favorite crafting materials to learn how to upcycle furniture.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "DIY projects are fun and don't have to be complicated and you don't have to prime anymore! This project takes an old beat up nightstand from drab to fab in 6 easy steps!"
Just because a piece of furniture no longer matches your home décor or chic, trendy aesthetic does not mean you have to toss it or donate it. Crafters have the choice to make all things new again with just a few coats of paint. This Brilliant Nightstand Makeover is no different. Using beautiful paint colors and Deco Foil to add shining accents, this piece of DIY home décor is a lovely way to add brand new furniture to your home without having to step into a furniture store.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Nightstand or other wood piece to make over
- Plaid chalk paint
- Therm O Web Deco Foil
- Repositionable Adhesive
- Testors Enamel paint
- DCWV Stencil
- Painters Tape
- Paint brush
- Wood filler
Remove any hardware, fill any cracks or holes with wood filler, allow to dry and sand down
Sand entire piece, wipe off dust
Paint entire surface with Chalk paint, no need to prime! This paint covers!Allow to dry completely before the next step.
Tape off small areas and paint accents with enamel paint, remove tape.
Use a paint brush, stencil and repositionable glue to add the design on your piece
When to glue is dry add Deco foil and replce the hardware
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lace Back Tee
- Ribbed Crochet Mug Rug Coaster
- Yarn Dyeing With Indigo
- Everyday Sun Hat
- Paper Plate Aquarium
- Paper Plate Frisbees
- Magic Milk Experiment
- Easy To Sew Removable Cushion Covers
- Cutest Christmas Countdown Ornament
- Gothic Crochet Center Piece
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home