Coloring with Distress Crayons
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"This project is a mixed media project using gesso, watercolor paper, stencils and Distress Crayons. I have created a handmade book containing faces using this technique. First I make the book, then I gesso the paper, I used stencils to outline a face and then apply the Distress Crayons. Using a brush with water, some baby wipes and my fingers I blend the colors. I used a color wheel stencil on the opposite page to keep track of the colors that were used. Painting a face like this can be done in an hour or two."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project or Page Size8.5 inches x 11 inches
Type of Paper UsedTextured Paper
- watercolor paper
- Ranger's Distress Crayons
- paint brush
- baby wipes
- Pam Carriker and Seth Apter Stencils
- Stabilo All pencil
- Fude Ball pen
NotesThis is a great way to make books that document your mixed media efforts and progress, techniques as well as supplies can be written right onto the portraits.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Message In A Bottle (with Free Printables!)
- Upcycle Jar to Flower Vase
- DIY Wire and Bead Butterfly Magnet
- 21 DIY Steampunk Jewelry Designs and Crafts
- Bird and Text Collage Wall Art
- Faux Pottery Planter
- DIY Eyeglass Case with Paper Tube and Fabric
- 10 Artist Trading Cards to Make
- Cactus Shrinky Dink Pins
- Coloring Pages Fairy Project
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Flowers Word Search Puzzle
- Love Live Lake
- Narwhal Uniwhale
- How To Make A Double Crochet Rectangle Base In Rounds
- Wanderers Mosaic Blanket
- Jeweled Dragonfly Pendant
- Wood Clay And Metal Earrings
- Pocket Pillow Cover
- Painted Bird Nest Pillow Cover
- Blessed Three Star Coaster
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home