Knit Pull-Through Wrap
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Red Heart Yarn designs beautiful free knitting patterns, and this Knit Pull-Through Wrap is no exception. With a classic cable pattern mixed in with the seed stitch, this wrap is great for autumn and spring. Wear it on its own or keep it closed with a belt, either way you'll love the finished result.
ABBREVIATIONS: K = knit; mm = millimeters; P = purl;
st(s) = stitch(es); * = repeat whatever follows the * as
indicated; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of
Size: Wrap measures 17½” x 70”.
GAUGE: 16 sts = 4”; 29 rows = 4” in Seed st with larger
needles. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles
to obtain the gauge.
C4B = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in back, K2,
K2 from cable needle.
C4F = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in front, K2,
K2 from cable needle.
- Knitting Needles: 5mm [US 8] and 5.5mm [US 9].
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 3 skeins 400 Grey Heather.
- Cable needle, yarn needle.
With smaller needles, cast on 75 sts. Work in Seed st as follows:
Row 1 (Right Side): K1, * P1, K1; repeat from * across.
Rows 2-6: Repeat Row 1.
Change to larger needles and cable and Seed st patterns:
Row 1 (Right Side): [K1, P1] 6 times, [P2, K5, P3, K5, P2] 3 times, [P1, K1] 6 times.
Row 2: [K1, P1] 6 times, [K2, P4, K5, P4, K2] 3 times, [P1,
K1] 6 times.
Row 3: [K1, P1] 6 times, [P2, K13, P2] 3 times, [P1, K1] 6 times.
Row 4: [K1, P1] 6 times, [K2, P4, K1, P3, K1, P4, K2] 3 times, [P1, K1] 6 times.
Row 5: [K1, P1] 6 times, [P2, C4B, K1, P3, K1, C4F, P2] 3 times, [P1, K1] 6 times.
Row 6: Repeat Row 2.
Row 7: Repeat Row 3.
Row 8: Repeat Row 4.
Repeat Rows 1-8 for Seed st and Cable patterns until 10” from beginning, end wrong side row.
Divide for Slits
Keeping continuity of patterns, work across first 29 sts; drop yarn and attach 2nd skein of yarn, work across next 17 sts with 2nd skein of yarn; drop yarn and attach 3rd
skein of yarn, work across last 29 sts with 3rd skein of yarn. Working each section separately and staying in pattern, work slits for 6½”, end with a wrong side row. Now work across all sts with one skein of yarn until 69” from beginning. Change to smaller needles and work 6 rows of Seed st across all sts. Bind off in pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easter Bunny Card With Free Printable
- Greek Cross Quilt Block
- Bowtiful 18” Doll Dress
- Clever Cacti Printable Wall Art
- Flashlight Baby Rattle
- Printable Chalkboard Mason Jar Art
- Spread the Love Free Printable Wall Art
- "Faith for Me" Printable Subway Art
- Cute Baking Printable Wall Art
- Gorgeous Fall Printable Wall Art
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home