Family of Sweaters
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Nothing is better than free knitting patterns, except when you have them for the whole family. This pattern from Bernat Yarns is great for mom, dad and child. Crewneck sweater makes for easy handling.
To fit chest measurement
2-4 21-23 ins [53-59 cm ]
6-8 25-26½ ins [64-67 cm ]
S 32-34 ins [81-86 cm ]
M 36-38 ins [92-97 cm ]
L 40-42 ins [102-107 cm ]
XL 4-46 ins [112-117 cm ]
2XL 48-50 ins [122-127 cm ]
3XL 52-54 ins [132-137 cm ]
4XL 56-58 ins [142-147 cm ]
5XL 60-62 ins [152-158 cm ]
2-4 27½ ins [70 cm ]
6-8 31 ins [82 cm ]
S 38 ins [97 cm ]
M 42 ins [107 cm ]
L 45 ins [117 cm ]
XL 50½ ins [129 cm ]
2XL 54 ins [137 cm ]
3XL 58 ins [148 cm ]
4XL 63 ins [158 cm ]
5XL 66½ ins [168 cm ]
- Bernat Berella 4 (Solids:100 g/3.5 oz)
- Main Color (MC) (10078 Grey Ragg)
- Sizes: 2/4 3 balls; 6/8 4 balls; S 5 balls; M 6 balls; L 6 balls; XL 7 balls; 2XL 7 balls; 3XL 8 balls; 4XL 8 balls; 5XL 9 balls
- Contrast A (08941 Winter White)
- Sizes: 2/4 1 balls; 6/8 1 ball; S 1 ball; M 1 ball; L 1 ball; XL 1 ball; 2XL 2 balls; 3XL 2 balls; 4XL 2 balls; 5XL 2 balls
- Contrast B (01532 Claret)
- All sizes 1 ball
OR Bernat Berella 4 (Ombres: 85 g/3 oz)
Main Color (MC) (10078 Grey Ragg)
Sizes: 2/4 3 balls; 6/8 5 balls; S 6 balls; M 7 balls; L 9 balls; XL 9 balls; 2XL 10 balls; 3XL 11 balls; 4XL 12 balls; 5XL 13 balls
Contrast A (08941 Winter White)
Sizes: 2/4 1 ball; 6/8 1 ball; S 1 ball; M 1 ball; L 2 balls; XL 2 balls; 2XL 2 balls; 3XL 2 balls; 4XL 3 balls; 5XL 3 balls
Contrast B (01532 Claret)
All sizes 1 ball
Sizes 4 mm (U.S. 6) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge. 2 st holders.
GAUGE: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
BACK: **With smaller needles and A, cast on 62 (70-86-94-102-114-122-130-142-150) sts.
***1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: P2. *K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows of (K2. P2) ribbing twice more.
With B, rep last 2 rows once.
With A, rep last 2 rows 3 times.***
Change to larger needles, MC and proceed in stocking st until work from beg measures 10 (11½-14-16-17½-18-18½-18½-18½-18½) ins [26 (29-36-41-45-46-47-47-47-47) cm], ending with a purl row.
Shape armholes: Cast off 5 (7-9-9-9-11-11-13-18-21) sts beg next 2 rows. 52 (56-68-76-84-92-100-104-106-108) sts.** Cont even until armhole measures 6 (6½-7-8-8½-9-9½-10½-11½-12½) ins [15 (17-18-21-22-23-24-27-29-32) cm], ending with a purl row. Cast off 15 (16-19-22-25-28-31-32-32-33) sts beg next 2 rows. Leave rem 22 (24-30-32-34-36-38-40-42-42) sts on a st holder.
FRONT: Work from ** to ** as given for Back. Cont even until armhole measures 3½ (4-4-5-5-5½-5½-6-7-8) ins [9 (10-10-13-13-14-14-15-18-21) cm], ending with a purl row.
Shape neck: K20 (21-26-29-33-36-39-40-40-41). Turn (neck edge). Leave rem sts on a spare needle.
Dec 1 st at neck edge on next 3 rows, then following alt rows to 15 (16-19-22-25-28-31-32-32-33) sts.
Cont even until armhole measures same length as Back to shoulders, ending with a purl row. Cast off.
With RS facing, slip next 12 (14-16-18-18-20-22-24-26-26) sts onto a st holder. Join yarn to rem sts and work as for left side reversing neck shaping.
With smaller needles and A, cast on 30 (34-38-46-46-50-50-50-50-50) sts.
Work from *** to *** as given for Back.
With larger needles and MC proceed in stocking st, inc 1 st at each end of 5th and every following 4th (4th-6th-6th-6th-4th-4th-4th-2nd-2nd) row to 50 (50-60-62-74-54-68-94-74-92) sts then every following 6th (6th-8th-8th-8th-6th-6th-6th-4th-4th) row to 54 (58-64-72-76-82-86-96-104-112) sts. Cont even until Sleeve measures 11¼ (13-17½-18-18-18½-18½-18½-18½-18½) ins [29 (33-45-46-46-47-47-47-47-47) cm], ending with purl row. Place marker at each end of last row.
Work 6 (10-12-12-12-14-14-18-24-28) rows more. Cast off.
Pin garment pieces to measurements and cover with damp cloth leaving cloth to dry.
Neckband: Sew right shoulder seam. With RS facing, smaller needles and A, pick up and knit 14 (16-16-20-19-21-21-23-23-25) sts down left front neck edge. K12 (14-16-18-18-20-22-24-26-26) from front st holder. Pick up and knit 14 (16-16-20-19-21-21-23-23-25) sts up right front neck edge. K22 (24-30-32-34-36-38-40-42-42) from back st holder. 62 (70-78-90-90-98-102-110-114-118) sts.
Work 3 rows in rib pat. With B, work 2 rows, with A, work 4 rows in rib pat. Cast off in rib.
Sew left shoulder and neckband seam. Sew in sleeves, placing rows above markers to cast off sts to form square armholes. Sew side and sleeve seams.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Knit Cabled Cardigan Pattern
- Princess Shawl
- 25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women
- 19 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- Two Piece Knit Poncho Pattern
- 18 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- Soft Shoulder Shawl
- Casual Pullover
- Classic Stripe Knit Blanket Sweater
- Easy Triangle Poncho
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets
- Padded Denim Hearts for Decoration or Keyring
- Faux Topiary Heart Place Card Holders