Eyelet Knit Top
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit a feminine top with lacy eyelet rib and cap sleeves with this free knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns. Knit in only two pieces, this lightweight top is perfect as the days warm up. The soft yarn is a mixture of natural cotton and corn.
Find this pattern and more lacy knit tops in the Easy Lace Knitting Patterns eBook.
- Yarn: Bernat® Cot’n Corn (60 g / 2.1 oz) 5 (5-6-6-7-8) balls of #19244 (Avocado)
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 4 mm (U.S. 6) and 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
Sizes: Finished bust: XS/S (M-L-XL- 2/3XL-4/5XL) 36 (40-44-48-55- 63) ins [91.5 (101.5-112-122- 139.5-160) cm].
BACK and FRONT (make alike)
With smaller needles, cast on 91 (101-111-121-137-157) sts.
1st row: (RS). K1. *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row. Rep last row of Seed St Pat 7 times more.
Change to larger needles.
1st row: (RS). P2 (1-6-5-1-5). *K3. P3. Rep from *, ending last rep with P2 (1-6-5-1-5).
2nd and alt rows: K2 (1-6-5-1-5). *P3. K3. Rep from *, ending last rep with K2 (1-6-5-1-5).
3rd row: P2 (1-6-5-1-5). *yrn. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yrn. P3. Rep from *, ending last rep with P2 (1-6-5-1-5).
5th row: P2 (1-6-5-1-5). *K1. yfwd. Sl1. K1. psso. P3. Rep from *, ending last rep with P2 (1-6-5-1-5).
6th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 6 rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 18 (18 1/2- 19-19-20-21)" [45.5 (47-48-48- 51-53.5) cm], ending with 6th row of pat.
Place pat for neck shaping: 1st row: (RS). Pat 18 (23-28-33-41- 51) sts. K55. Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts.
2nd row: Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts. (K1. P1) 27 times. K1. Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts.
Seed St Pat is now in position. Cont in pat, working Seed St Pat across center 55 sts for 6 more rows.
Shape neck: Next row: (RS). Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts. Seed St Pat next 7 sts. Cast off center 41 sts. Seed St Pat next 7 sts (including st after cast off). Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts.
Cont in pat on last 25 (30-35-40-48-58) sts, working Seed St Pat across 7 sts at neck edge until neck measures 4 1/2" [11.5 cm], ending with a RS row.
Shape shoulder: Cast off 8 (10-12-13-16-19) sts beg next and following alt row. Work 1 row even. Cast off rem 9 (10-11-14-16-20) sts. With WS facing, join yarn to rem sts and work to correspond to other side, reversing all shapings.
Sew shoulder seams. Place markers on side edges 8 (8 1/2-9-9-10-11)" [20.5 (21.5-23-23-25.5-28) cm] down from shoulder seams.
Armbands: With RS of work facing and smaller needles, pick up and K67 (71-75-75-79-83) sts evenly between markers. Work 7 rows in Seed St Pat as given for Back and Front. Cast off in pat. Sew side and armband seams.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Best Yarn for Blankets
- Japanese Creations
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits
- Turn Broken Flip Flops into DIY Stamps
- Gorgeous DIY Button Bracelets
- Dancing Sheep Basket
- Bib and Burp Cloth
- Crochet Coasters for Beginners
- Wood Burning Guide for Beginners
- Retro Round Ripple Pillow